E-consultancy Redesign Review
Readers of our blog will know that we are big advocates of E-consultancy.com, providers of training, reports, best practice guides, events and articles on online marketing and e-commerce.
They have just launched their new website, which on 1st viewing I’m very impressed with:
Although I would love to review their new site fda approved viagra in more detail if I had the time, below I have highlighted some of my favourite new areas after a quick browse round:
- new brand identify – fresh, modern and with a few nice css affects with the logo when you scroll down
- intelligent bottom up navigation – allowing you to choose a specific topic you are interested in ie. e-commerce, and then all content across the site is delivered to you ie. e-commerce training, e-commerce events, e-commerce suppliers etc
- a focus on me and my account – more primary real-estate has now been used for my account and details, encouraging me to go in and update where necessary
- profile completeness rating on my account – as used by the likes of Linked-In, this encourages you to update you profile and use it more affectively – ie. specify which areas you specialise in
- a bigger focus on shopping – a clear commercial decision to signify that you can pay for expertise through e-consultancy (training events, membership etc), which will be especially apparant to 1st time visitors
- best practice checkout process – as you would expect from such major advocates of e-commerce best practice!
- use of tabs to display more information in smaller space – much like media brands such as The Telegraph and The Independent
- more visibility for the various sectors that content relates to within the website – in particular for sectors such as energy and utilities, healthcare and public sector
- oh and a nicely delivered ‘page not found’ message, including a quirky Youtube video!
I expect e-consultancy will be getting a good deal of coverage over the coming weeks and into 2009 with the redesigned site, and from both knowing Ashley and some of the team well plus me providing my 1st e-commerce training course with them next year, here’s hoping 2009 is another fantastic year for all concerned…